Johannesburg, Cape Town
Posted 4 months ago
R60 000 to R80 000
Hybrid Work Model | Learning Opportunities
The company is a proudly South African software company that focuses on crafting exceptional bespoke software architecture using cutting-edge technology. For over 16 years, the company has brought together highly skilled individuals driven by a passion for technology and problem-solving. The extensive knowledge and expertise they possess has led to successful solutions for their client's specific needs and challenges, establishing a distinguished reputation in the industry. The company has cultivated a culture of hard work and enjoyment. They emphasize career growth through both internal and external training, offering a top-tier internal training program and external training opportunities at leading institutions to keep their employees' skills current and innovative.
- Fulfil the role of a Senior Developer within an agile delivery team, having responsibility for the development of new requirements, maintenance and troubleshooting of existing systems, and systems security.
- Analyse technical requirements: design, development, and deployment of moderately complex software programs.
- Make determinations and prepare documentation for modifications of existing computer programs/modules, or if new programs/modules need to be developed for a specific application, or system.
- Conduct troubleshooting and analysis of systems to determine root causes and propose resolutions.
- Convey problems, solutions, updates, and project status to peers, customers, and management.
- Provide design and technical guidance and direction through means of design reviews, code reviews, and mentorship for more junior team members.
- Conduct code quality reviews and support quality assurance efforts.
- Support in the migration of applications to the cloud over time.
- Proven hands-on software engineering experience, performing in a high-end intermediate or senior position.
- Highly developed expertise in at least one of the major frameworks - Java, .Net, Node, React or Angular.
- Exposure to and experience with various other back and frontend development tools.
- Exposure to and experience with various web development tools.
- A high degree of technical understanding and ability to express complex problems and processes to other members of the team and representatives of the client.
- Highly developed problem-solving ability.
- A drive for ethical, professional delivery, and personal growth.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in SAFe agile methodologies and modern software development practices.
- AWS or Azure certification.