Posted 4 months ago
R40 000 to R50 000
The company is a fibre network operator that constructs, possesses, and manages an open-access network, specializing in fibre to the home. They collaborate with internet service providers to deliver high-speed, top-tier broadband connectivity to residences. The company adheres to the following principles: Demonstrate audacity in creation. Foster dependable relationships. Uphold ethical conduct.
The release manager will coordinate with different stakeholders for requirements, testing, and release calendar of necessary components. They will ensure a synchronous running of day-to-day processes. Planning with several software development teams is a part of the release manager's duty.
- Collaboration and coordination of end-to-end release process.
- Communicate with project teams, to understand the demand, and prepare landscape and sandbox setup proposals.
- Providing leadership, control and taking responsibility for the given area and managing and coordinating the deployment process.
- Supporting and planning project cutovers and overseeing deployments.
- Manage releases according to the organization's standards and adhere to timelines.
- Ensure appropriate resources are available and communicate deployment status as necessary.
- Subject matter expert for release management tools to act as a leader to support, and train other team members if they are facing any issues in the deployment of their releases and/or project streams.
- Mitigating risk by identifying risks during code conflict, merging and making sure to deploy quality code in production and conducting release reviews, take accountability for driving a decision on business requirements.
- Salesforce platform knowledge is essential to be proficient in refreshing a sandbox, must know how to package and deploy metadata components, know release branching strategies, and code merging, and should have worked on conflict resolution strategies.
- Plan, Do, Check and Act concerning the deployment of metadata components into the Salesforce org.
- Quality, Automate, Pipeline, Integrate, Deployment of quality code by running static code analysis tools, automate most of the process by running deployment pipelines, integrating the code and deploying the metadata components into target org.
- Create and communicate implementation plans.
- Plan and give weekly updates on the release activities.
- Maintain documentation related to procedures on build and release, various notifications lists, and dependencies.
- 3-4 years experience as a Release Manager.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines.
- Salesforce platform knowledge.
- Efficient working on application lifecycle management solutions like Jira, Gearset, and AccelQ.
- Good understanding of application infrastructure, system architecture, and operating systems.
- Experience working with DevOps and Agile methodologies.
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle.