Senior Specialist: Solutions Architect
Posted 4 months ago
R90 000 to R120 000
Hybrid Work Model | Medical Aid | 20-25 Days of Leave
One of the leading telecommunications companies in Africa is seeking a Senior Specialist in Solutions Architecture to join their ever-expanding team. The proudly South African company is committed to inspiring and enabling growth by leading the charge towards a bold, new digital world. The company has grown extensively since launching and now operates in 22 countries across Africa and the Middle East.
The Senior Specialist: Solution Architect is responsible for developing the technical solutions for the company's current and future clients, as well as working closely with senior stakeholders and executives. The solutions will span across internal operations and external partners.
- Translate customer requirements into working solutions.
- Input into business cases to understand costs, risks, and benefits.
- Deliver customer proof of concepts (POCs) and ensure clear testing criteria.
- Collaborate with sales teams to identify and close key sales opportunities.
- Provide technical input on pricing for tenders and proposals.
- Work in cross-functional teams to design and deliver technology solutions.
- Review new and existing solution design projects for compliance with standards.
- Stay updated on solutions architecture trends and innovations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or related field.
- Relevant cloud, network or unified communication certifications (CCNP/UCC/CCIE or equivalent).
- Minimum of 12 years experience with network administration or information technology systems and presales.
- Prior professional services/consulting background.
- Experience working across diverse cultures and geographies (advantageous).
- Experience in global/multinational enterprise, coupled with working in emerging markets.
- Experience in guiding customer ICT strategy in large organizations.
- Business and financial acumen, problem-solving, information processing, and influencing others.
- Data interpretation, judgement, continuous improvement, reporting.
Regional and international travel may be required.